Tuesday, October 6, 2009

what a waste!


Look at the food going to waste!! Thats really not all of it. Just imagine another 2,3 more trolleys of bread that's going into the bin. That's the usual amount each day basically...

To be honest, that's nothing really compared to my department. Every Sat and Sun mornings I throw out a good trolley's worth of fruits and vegs. Maybe twice as much as that trolley above? The stuff I throw out are basically perfectly fine, but it's past the used by date. Other people don't do quality checks during the week and they expect me to do a good job on the weekend and fix it up! Hence I throw so much stuff out on the weekend! Sometimes this grandma always come and find me while I do the quality check and look the stuff I throw out. If she wants it, I usually just give it to her for a bargain price. Last time I gave her a few packets of truss tomatoes; rrp $3.99 a pack; best before today; perfectly fine; tomatoes still firm; sold it to her for 50 cents. If you wanna get some bargains, come and find me at Coles. I'm not a huge fan of throwing shit out when people in the 3rd world countries are starving to death!