Friday, October 9, 2009

mad magpie


Every morning when I walk to work or go to uni I go through this park to get to the bus stop/town centre, there is this magpie that sits on the lamp post.

As I walk through the park (its a short cut to the town centre) the magpie comes flying through and swoops right near me. It has happened many times. There was this one time I nearly tripped cos of this bloody magpie.

I've tried many things to scare the magpie. As cruel as it may seem, I have tried preparing myself to attack the magpie when I walk through the park. Not because I want to, but for REVENGE! I've taken a water bottle out and try to wet it as it tries to swoop me. I tried wobbling the tree that the magpie sits on after swooping me. Tried other things too, but I don't want to discuss it here in case I get reported for animal cruelty. No matter what I do, the magpie is not scared of me. It is more like I was scared of the magpie. Have I told you I have also tried yelling at it and cursing it? lol.

When I was walking home from the bus stop today... there were 2 of them! GOSH... Why haven't I tried walking a different route to get where I want to? Cos I'm lazy and its a good extra 3 min walk!!